Sunday, October 17, 2010

Last Friday night, I was really tired and achy.  So tired, that I went to bed before the kids.  However, I did not go to sleep right away. 

See, Big had just gotten out of a bath.  Husband sent him to his room to get pajamas on, while he cleaned up the baby.  Basically, Big is in his room-directly opposite mine-and Husband is downstairs, in the kitchen.  Husband has obviously told Big not to be too loud, as Mommyomy is trying to sleep.  And I hear the following:

(Loud whisper) Daddy!...Daddy!  Daaaaady...I need a shirt daddy!  Daddy?  Daaaaaddddy

And don't ask me how I know, but I knew, I just knew...

There was a completely naked little boy outside my door.


The Conversation that Ensued

 Big?
Hi Mommy!
Hi, Honey.  Um, are you...wearing clothes?
Um, I was? putting on clothes?  but I can't find a shirt.
Ok, baby, but, you've got underwear in your room, right?
(clearly not getting where I am going) yeah...
And pants?  You've got pj pants, or sweats?
Yeah...
So why don't you put those on?
But...I need a shirt.
But maybe you can put on your pants and then get a shirt?
But the shirts are downstairs?
So, how about you put on your pants, and THEN go downstairs and tell Daddy about your shirt problem?
OH!....Ok.


In other news, Little spent a good deal of Saturday pulling tissues out of a box ("bah!") and then stuffing them back in ("bah-bah!")  And it only cost a dollar for for a day full of joy! Take THAT Fancy Toy Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment